Mustahaabs Of Qurbani
- To buy the animal beforehand and to feed it.
- To take the animal to the place of slaughter with respect.
- If they have the skill, to slaughter it themselves.
- If they cannot slaughter, then to give permission to someone else who has the skill to do so. Rasulullah (s.a.w.) said: “O Fatima, stand up and go witness (the slaughter of) your Qurbani. Because, as the first drop of blood reaches the ground all your past sins will be forgiven. And read this Dua: ‘Inna salatii wa nousoukii ve mahyaya ve mamatii lillahi rabbi’l-alameen la shariika lah.”
- For the knife to be big and sharp.
- To cut the two main arteries and the windpipe and food-tract.
- Not to skin the animal while it is alive.
- While cutting the Qurbani into pieces, to make Dua as you cut and separate each of its organs for your own organs and body to be free of the fires of Jahannam.